Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Antique stores make me all domestic and stuff

But seriously, I am domestic. I like to cook and craft and do all that fun stuff but when I go to antique stores I feel the need to buy a house and decorate it with super cool stuff. Today after class I decided that I would go check out some antique stores that I had seen while driving around Rigby and Idaho Falls. I love antique stores, it's my stress relief, I could spend hours just poking around little (or big) shops full of history. I don't have to talk to anyone and I can just let my imagination run wild. My favorite kind are the ones that go on and on forever. I found one once in Washington state, it took me over 4 hours to get from top to bottom. I loved it...
But back to today, I was on the hunt for something specific. I wanted a cool container for some plants that I got. The first one I went to was tiny. It was an antique store, (usually one dealer, not a ton of variety).
I then found Trackside Antique Mall, (big, lots of dealers, lots of variety) I walked in and I was in heaven. 3 floors of stuff, I wandered around for a couple of hours and I found the perfect container for my project. It's probably not even an antique but I'm ok with that, because it was perfect.
I was headed to the beauty store and I saw a sign for Antiques and Collectables, I decided to give it a chance and Woah Baby! This one made Trackside look like heaven's waiting room. This one was classy, and by classy I mean Limoges china classy. I did find some aluminum jello molds which are a particular obsession of mine and it was a pretty good trip, I definitely enjoyed myself. I am going to enjoy finding all the other cool antique stores around here.

No comments: