Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My new terrarium

I have a confession to make, I kill plants. Like every time. Then I found these pretty little plants, They are Tillandsia seideliana or air plants, they don't need to be planted in soil, and they can survive for a long time without water, perfect for me. The Benson greenhouse has a plant store and when I wandered in there I bought a few. 



When I brought them home I put them in some moss in this 
its really just the bottom of a 2 liter soda bottle. Kind of tacky/college style.

 Today I was on a mission to find a cool container and I found this one 
 at an antique store (I'm pretty sure its not even an antique)  gross, dirty


 
 But I do know how to wash it (thankfully)



So much better, nice and clean!



I got some sand and rocks.


SAND!!

                                                                     

 ROCKS!!!

 MORE ROCKS!!


Sand, Rocks, Moss pre-plants



The finished product. I like it.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Lol...more Rocks!!! Very nice arrangement.