Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's amazing what the Lord can do

Over the last year my testimony of the Lord working in my life has been increasing. The blessings that I have received in my life are clearly the Lord's hand. But now, at school, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he blesses me every day.
Some people that know me very well know that I can jump from thing to thing and topic to topic very quickly. While in high school I would get overwhelmed with the homework that I had and basically "shut down" and walk away from the work, not because I didn't know I needed to do it but because it was just too much. Now, I am able to start a task and finish it. Especially with homework, I see it and see all the things that need to be done and I have a sense of peace. I know that I will be able to get it done and I don't panic about doing it. I also don't get side tracked while working, if I find a particular thing interesting I don't feel the need to immediately start looking into it. If I do I am able to quickly get back on task.
How do I know that this isn't just me being older? I know this because it is only when I am doing schoolwork that I feel this way. If I am doing something not related to school or church I am back to my old self. I know that the Lord is blessing me and that he is helping me to do my best in school. I know that he is calming me when I might otherwise get overwhelmed. If I learn nothing else here, just learning that "if the Lord wants you to do it he will provide a way" is what I needed to learn.

No comments: