Sunday, May 20, 2007

What's in the Box?

So my birthday is coming up soon, wednesday as a matter of fact. Now usually the only mail that I get is from my Grandma Georgia and Grandpa Beryl. It's a card that I look forward to at each birthday. But this year is a little different, last Thurday, maybe Friday I was in my Mom's sewing room chatting with her when she suddenly said. "There's a box coming in the mail, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OPEN IT!!!" (the big letters are emphasis not yelling) Now my Mom obviously knows me pretty well and knows that I have this burning desire to open a closed box when I see one. So I said cool, I'll leave the box alone. Well I was expecting a smallish box maybe 9 or so inches. But I get home from either work or a bridesmaid dress fitting and there is this HUGE box sitting squarely in the middle of the living room. It's about 18 inches tall and 18 inches wide and square so it isn't little. So on sunday I go to church and see my friend Kyrie and one of the first things she asks me is if there is a box on my living room which isn't suprising because she is one of my sister's friends and the box was shipped from my sister. I told her that there was in fact a box in my living room and she then replies that she knows what's inside the box. So now the only ones left who don't know what is in the box are myself, Laura and my Dad. Well this afternoon Laura gets Emily to tell her what is in the box. I am now the last person besides my Dad who has no clue what's in the box. So now I am using it as an ottoman until wednesday when I can open it.

2 comments:

The Lees said...

That is exciting though. I am sure you will have a great birthday present!

Allison said...

This year you will get at least one other card. But it will be late. imagine that a late card from your sister. Hey better late than never right.
Sofie says Happy Birthday. So do Her parents.