Monday, July 16, 2007

Poor Car

Last week I was driving home from school when I was rear ended by another car. GRRR!! I was heading home on a busy stretch of road, the light up a head had turned red so I put on the breaks and the guy was not paying attention and rammed into me. The damage looked superficial, my bumper was loose. I was thinking that it wouldn't be a big deal. Today I took it in to get an estimate and the guy starts looking at my car. Yep, bumper needs to be fixed. Along with all the things that make a bumper work. Open the trunk.
"Have you been in the trunk since the accident?"
"No."
So why is the cover for the spare sticking up? Let me tell you. The rear body panel of the car has been compacted. Now they have to literally pull my car back into shape.
I then try to brush a bug off the non-damaged tail lights. But oh wait it's inside the light. Guess that's probably cracked to.
What about the exhaust, it's possibly compacted maybe, maybe not.
Is the bumper possible sitting on the exhaust pipe causeing a rattling noise occasionally?
Not only is it sitting on the exhaust pipe, it's also melting the bumper, and by the way if the bumper falls off in traffic it's now my fault.
These are only a few of the things that the really nice Walser man told me.
So now I have to deal with all the paper work and bothersome stuff that goes into getting my car fixed.
And oh wait the falling bumper problem was fixed with a couple of zip ties. That should hold.
More later on how the fix is going.

1 comment: