Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Haircuts and Testimonies

Well I am in my last few weeks of clinics before I can test and become a licensed cosmetologist. I am so shocked that the last few years have gone by so fast. It seems like just yesterday that I decided to do this program. I think back and I remember wanting to do this as a child but not having the courage to do it. I prayed for guidance from Heavenly Father and I feel as though I was guided to make the right choice. Every time I hit an obstacle during my schooling I prayed again and each time I got the impression that this was the thing that I should be doing. It has been such a testimony builder to me that if I am making the right choice that Heavenly Father will sustain me and bless me.
On Tuesday I had a woman come in for a haircut. It was awesome, last semester when I cut someones hair I wanted to have Ann, the teacher, standing right next to me to make sure that I didn't make a mistake and mess up the hair. On Tuesday I started right away and I was able plan what I was going to do and take all the steps to get there with absolutely zero help from the teachers. I was so pumped, and the cut was just what the client wanted. Then today I had a man come in for a cut. On this I was a little nervous as I have not had as much practice on men. My teacher and I discussed what I was going to do and I did it. She checked the cut and said that it was excellent. I am really enjoying the things that I am learning.
I checked over my state required quotas for services and I am happy to report that I am very close to being done. I calculated that I have to wrap 2 perms, do 4 shampoos, 1 haircut, 1 manicure or pedicure, 6 hairstyles per day and I will finish the quotas this summer. I am so ready to be done and working in a salon. Hopefully this will be soon.

1 comment:

The Lees said...

That is so exciting, the end is insight!