Saturday, September 8, 2007

Singles Conference

This weekend was the Singles Conference that was hosted by the Uptown ward. I had a very fun time. I met a few new people and got the hang out with a bunch of old friends. Friday night we had Elder Stephen W. Hansen one of the Area Seventy Authority speak to us and that was followed by Comedy Sportz which is super funny. Saturday we had some classes and a service project. I went to a charity that gives furniture to people who don't have any and who are unable to buy it for themselves we got to build furniture so that it could be delivered to the place it needed to go. That was followed by dinner and a river boat cruise. There was not going to be a dance but the boat had speakers and a bunch of people who wanted to dance so we moved all the tables to one side and we hooked an ipod up to the speakers and we danced. It was a great time and I am glad that I was able to go.

No comments: