Thursday, August 23, 2007

6 Days

I was sitting here thinking back on the last two years of my life and thinking about how much has changed. I have a beautiful new(ish)car. I moved out and then back in. My best friend forever served a mission in Russia. I made another best friend. I got a job in the school district. My sister had her first baby. I changed from the St. Croix Singles Branch to the Dinkytown Singles ward and I have put myself (with the help of my parents) through Cosmetology school. I have 6 days left of school before I can licence and get a job in a salon. I never thought in a million years that I would actually be a cosmetologist. Don't get me wrong. I love it and I secretly wanted to do it but wasn't brave enough to try it and I could never see myself doing it. I wasn't girly enough although that has changed in the past two years too. I remember my first day of school thinking that 1550 hours of schooling was so far away and now I am just a mere 48 hours until I am done. I also thought that all the quotas that we had to meet would never be met but I have just a few things to do and then I will have filled those requirements too. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I can't wait until I can say that I am a cosmetologist and not a cosmetology student. I have a definite direction in my life and I am excited for that. I guess that in 8 days I will be more of an adult. An adult with a career.
Scary.